March 31, 2016:
- Application Closes
April – May 2016:
- Semifinalists are interviewed by scholarship committee
- Applicants are notified of their status
May – July 2016:
- University Admissions and Visa processing by scholars
August – September 2016:
- Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University
Selection Process and Criteria
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet based application system. You will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one session. You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
For more detailed information please visit http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/
You will find the online application on their site as well.
Courtesy of http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/2016/02/2016-david-oyedepo-foundation.html