|GRADUATES WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENT SCHEME (GWEPS)|
· To enhance the employability profile of as many graduates of Rivers State as possible
· To provide alternative strategy of short term constructive engagement of youths of Rivers State.
· To promote advocacy for unemployed graduates and interface with employment organizations.
|Objectives of the GWEPS Programme
· Being a source of a good database for Rivers State unemployed youths
· Soliciting employment opportunities for participants
· Pursue other ways of increasing the employability profile of the participants in addition to getting them placements
|ELIGIBILITY / SELECTION CRITERIA:|
· Applicants must be graduates who have completed their NYSC.
· Applicants must be of Rivers State origin
· Applicants must submit copies of LGA identification letter, CV, NYSC certificate or exemption letter and University result
· Applicants must be between 25 – 35 years of age
· Applicants must apply manually or online
· Applicants will be selected for interview based on merit.
· Applicants will be selected and placed based on specific request by partnering organization.
· 11 out of the 21 who completed their programme were given permanent employment
· 1 person got employed by another organization through the GWEPS programme
· Some of the partner organizations are still committed to the programme