Short explanation: RSSDA assists eligible applicants for the Governor’s special Overseas postgraduate scholarship. Every year, the Government and the programme targets beneficiaries of Scholars from the River State Sustainable Development Agency.
Qualified Fields of Study: Medical Sciences, which include Medical Statistics, Dental Technology, Dental Therapy, Medical Imaging Technology and Anaesthetic Technology, Plaster Technology, Renal Technology, Biomedical Engineering and Technology, and Town, Urban & Regional Planning and Medicine.
What this Scholarship is: Yearly, Rivers State spends a huge amount of funds in financially supporting scholars from RSSDA to international universities, the scholarship provides all the needs of all the students. It’s an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity to have your education subsidized if you don’t have the means to study abroad.
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate Scholarship (Master’s and PhD)
Criteria for Eligibility and Requirements: The following are the requirements and qualifications needed before even submitting your application form:
1. You must not be older than 21years of age.
2. You must be an indigene of Rivers State.
3. You must have acquired admission into one of the listed universities in the relevant field of specialization for the Masters program.
4. You must have completed your NYSC
5. You must have at least a first degree of upper second class Honors standard in a discipline relevant to proposed study
Only 300 students overseas annually will receive the Scholarship.
The Scholarship will last throughout the course of study.
The scholarship will cover the following items:
Tuition inclusive of any books and laboratory fees
Housing/Board and lodging
For more info on How to Apply: Download the form or Visit the RSSDA Head Office at No.1 Igbodo Street, Old G.R.A, Port-Harcourt, to obtain the form and make more enquires.